[MPlayer-users] OS 10.3.4 and RV40 on Mplayer

Doğan Bilge ibug at mac.com
Sun Jul 4 12:38:34 CEST 2004

I can succesfully compile mplayer 1.0pre4 with Xcode 1.2 on OS 10.3.4
but the problem is I can't open RV40 whatever I do. I did everything
the webpage told me. I downloaded the Real Player 9 codecs for Mac OS
X, put them in
/usr/local/lib/codecs
then put the pncrt.shlb there too with ditto so the resourcefork goes
untouched. Now I have a .mkv file whose video codec is RV40. When I try
to open it with mplayer it says exactly this

Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
opening shared obj '/usr/local/lib/codecs/drv4.so.6.0'
Error: dlcompat: dyld: mplayer malformed library:
/usr/local/lib/codecs/drv4.so.6.0 (not a Mach-O file, bad magic number)

ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv4.so.6.0.
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [realvid] RealVideo decoder
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec drv43260.dll.
Read the RealVideo section of the DOCS!
VDecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x30345652.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

I suppose it syas that not a Mach-O file because it tries to open Linux
or Windows Real 9 dll's since the Mac OS X Real 9 codecs don't have the
same name the player is looking for. But it doesn't matter when I
change the names also. Is there anyone who is succesful opening RV40
with mplayer on 10.3?