[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer sound over ssh ?

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux at peaktime.be
Thu Jul 1 14:53:55 CEST 2004

Tobias Diedrich wrote:

> Michel Bardiaux wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to use mplayer with NAS?
>

> Yes, -ao nas exists an works for me (tm).
> Just make sure you have installed the nas development packages before
> ./configuring mplayer.
> Package libaudio-dev in Debian,

There does not seem to be a libaudio-dev in debian woody, do you mean
libaudiofile-dev?

> the other Packages are nas, nas-bin,
> nas-doc, mpg123-nas

Plus nas-lib too, right? (probably forced by pkg 'nas' but I prefer not
to install the server on the client machine)

> and audiooss.  The last one is a preload-Library,
> which allows you to use NAS with a lot of programs without native NAS
> support.
> "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libaudiooss.so programname" will catch access to
> /dev/dsp and use the NAS Server instead.

And since there is a build of NAS for cygwin (on
http://www.radscan.com/nas.html) it seems I now have all the pieces
needed, except that I still need to know the NAS port number to tunnel
through SSH. A quick googling seems to indicate it is 8000.

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles