[MPlayer-users] Encoding to Archos Jukebox

John Lavin jlavin at wayreth.net
Wed Jan 28 03:03:58 CET 2004

Hi all - I had posted a while back about my attempts to encode to a
format that the Archos Jukebox will recognize and haven't tried again
until now.  They give a sample divx file that I've been using as a
baseline and I can get the mplayer -v output close, but still am unable to
get Archos to recognize it.

There is a flag:  FCC: divx that is not being set by the following
command, that if not there, the player doesn't attempt to play the
video.  I'm also not sure what TRUST_CKTYPE is or if it is significant:

mencoder matrix.mpg -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:preset=128 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=10:vstrict=1 -ofps 20 -ffourcc DX50 -vop
scale=352:160 -o movie.avi

Any thoughts on what I could try to get this to be accepted on the
player?

Thanks,
-john

Here's the -v output from the working sample:
======= AVI Header =======
us/frame: 40000  (fps=25.000)
max bytes/sec: 0
padding: 0
MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (272) HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED
frames  total: 2713   initial: 0
streams: 2
Suggested BufferSize: 0
Size:  352 x 160
==========================
list_end=0x10F4
==> Found video stream: 0
====== STREAM Header =====
Type: vids   FCC: divx (78766964)
Flags: 0
InitialFrames: 0
Rate: 25/1 = 25.000
Start: 0   Len: 2713
Suggested BufferSize: 29307
Quality 5000
Sample size: 0
==========================
found 'bih', 40 bytes of 40
======= VIDEO Format ======
  biSize 40
  biWidth 352
  biHeight 160
  biPlanes 1
  biBitCount 24
  biCompression 808802372='DX50'
  biSizeImage 168960
===========================

Here's what is output from my test:
======= AVI Header =======
us/frame: 50000  (fps=20.000)
max bytes/sec: 0
padding: 0
MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (2320) HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED TRUST_CKTYPE
frames  total: 592   initial: 0
streams: 2
Suggested BufferSize: 0
Size:  352 x 160
==========================
list_end=0xD4
==> Found video stream: 0
====== STREAM Header =====
Type: vids   FCC:  (0)
Flags: 0
InitialFrames: 0
Rate: 200000/10000 = 20.000
Start: 0   Len: 592
Suggested BufferSize: 14181
Quality 0
Sample size: 0

--
John Lavin <jlavin at wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :