[MPlayer-users] Re: twopass.stats file wrong, maybe a bug ?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Jan 25 07:48:11 CET 2004

Michael Waters wrote:

>>>It worked for me, but I encoded from dvd directly with mencoder without
>>>copying vob files to hard drive.  I've never tried encoding from vobs.
>>>I found the length of the movie and then just subtracted a few seconds
>>>and used `-endpos 6187` or whatever it was.
>>>
>>>Are you certain about the duration of the vob file ?  I know mplayer
>>>displays wrong time lengths for dvds on the OSD and using `-identify`.
>>>
>>>Michael
>>
>>What version are you guys using? There was a similar problem with lavc
>>encoding that Michael fixed some time ago....

(I meant Michael Niedermayer here, in case anyone is confused)

> I used 1.0pre3 as well as cvs from Jan 17.  I think I had this happen
> using lavc as well when using 1.0pre3.  Do you know if the lavc problem
> was fixed after 1.0pre3 ?

No, it was fixed well before that. I can't remember exactly when, but I
think it was last september or october. I really have no idea if the
problem is related or not, but they sounded so similar I had to at least
mention something....

As far as bugreporting goes, it would likely be helpful if one or both
of you follow these steps:

1. Use mplayer -dumpstream to copy to title to your hard disk. Warning:
you'll probably need 3-9 GB of space....

2. Use dd to create a file consisting of the last 10MB of stream.dump.

3. Try encoding that file, and see if you have the same problems (i.e.,
they're reproducable).

4. Try again, but this time with only the last 1MB. If that still has
the problem, then upload the file along with a bugreport to ftp.mplayerhq.hu

-Corey