[MPlayer-users] Re: twopass.stats file wrong, maybe a bug ?

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sat Jan 24 10:15:04 CET 2004

The problem is that sometimes when you use libmpeg2 the
decoding/filtering/encoding pipeline is reinitialized (try to concatenate
two mpeg files and play it to verify), so xvid reopens in w+b mode the logfile
and overwrites the previous content, destroying up the logs.

You can temporarily fix this mess
- either using -vc ffmpeg12 (in my tests it never reinited the
pipeline, but maybe it can happen)
- or changing in xvidcode/src/plugins/plugin_2pass1.c
the string "w+b" passed to fopen() to "a+b", then recompile and reinstall xvid and
remember to remove the logfile before any 2-pass encode.

Nico

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 19:06, Michael Waters wrote:
>/ On Fri, Jan 23, 2004, MrBlue wrote:
/>/ > for testing purposes i tried to encode 2 different .vob files to Xvid
/>/ > with mp3 audio. The first does fine, reducing the size from 55 to 14 MB
/>/ > at 1500.
/>/ > However the second one only compresses from 88 to 66 MB wich is the same
/>/ > size as in the first pass.
/>/ > I was able to find the problem: while the first pass mencoder makes a
/>/ > file called "xvid-twopass.stats". IT grows and grows..if i look inside
/>/ > WHILE the pass, there a plenty of lines with numbers. But when the 1
/>/ > pass is done, the content of the file is the following:
/>/ >
/>/ > # XviD 2pass stat file (core version 1.0.-126)
/>/ > # Please do not modify this file
/>/ >
/>/ > i 2 1620 0 0 4504 4504
/>/ >
/>/ > And that´s it !
/>/
/>/ This has happened to me too.  I reported it about a week ago but nobody
/>/ responded. :( anyways, you can try using '-endpos' and set it some
/>/ seconds short of the length of whatever you're encoding.
/>/
/>/ Michael
/>/
/>/ MPlayer-users mailing list