[MPlayer-users] Problems with XvidiX hardware probing in MPlayer-1.0pre3

megadasfx at netscape.net megadasfx at netscape.net
Sun Jan 18 23:28:50 CET 2004

I just recompiled MPlayer to use lame and mad libraries, so now I know mencoder is working the way it is supposed to, but I noticed something odd in  when I tried to play a video file while super user (this is not done all the time, just when I want XvidiX for my hardware!). I saw that when I tried to use xvidix for my Radeon 8500LE 128mb vid card (yes, it works perfectly for everything else, including OpenGL, but OGL is odd in MPlayer) that it said it couldn't find a working xvidix module. Strange, considering that I had compile previous releases and got that part of MPlayer to work flawlessly.

Anyway, I've included my config file for MPlayer and the sceen output for when I played a file.

TonyX

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.