[MPlayer-users] audio sync _way_ off with DivX and AC3 AVIs
sethlake at verizon.net
Sun Jan 18 00:03:10 CET 2004
i'm positive that this has been discussed previously, but i've searched for
a couple days now and can find no answers. i'm sure i can't be the only one
with these issues as i only started using mplayer (and linux) a month or so
i'm starting to get a collection of AVIs that will play fine in windows
(media player) but have _major_ a/v sync issues with mplayer (or xine for
that matter). the common thread amoung them is that they are all DivX video
and AC3 audio. the audio is _way_ off, like minutes off. the audio comming
out of the speakers isn't even the same scene as what the video is playing.
the only thing i've been able to find on the net are suggestions of
'bps=yes', 'nobps=yes', 'mc=0', and 'ni=yes' which i have tried in various
combinations to no avail. i've tried OSS and ALSA (1.0) audio to no avail.
i'm beating myself up about this and i'm sure a simple command line/config
file switch is all i need since it plays in M$ just fine.
my mplayer verison is pretty recent...
MPlayer 1.0pre3-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team
i'll post config files and output if that will help. thanks.
More information about the MPlayer-users