[MPlayer-users] Resizing video frame with mplayer for SVCD

romildo at uber.com.br romildo at uber.com.br
Sat Jan 17 21:41:32 CET 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:31:14PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:58:07AM -0200, romildo at uber.com.br wrote:
> >
> > I want to know how to properly resize a movie
> > for SVCD with mplayer. I have tried the expand
> > and scale filters, but I did not get the expected
> > result. The movie is an AVI with frame size
> > 800x344. The logic I logic I am following is this:
> >
> > 1) First add top and bottom black borders to
> >    bring the frame size to a 4:3 aspect ratio
> >
> >    -vf expand=:600
> >
> > 2) Then scale to 480x480
> >
> >    -vf scale=480:480
> >
> > 3) And set the aspect ratio to 4:3
> >
> >    -aspect 4:3
>
> What do you mean "then scale"? Do you have 2 separate -vf options??

"Then" is the way I reasoned when elaborating the
process in my mind. In fact it is only one -vf option
with the two filters aplied in the sequence I
described.

> Please show the full command line you're using.

$ mkfifo -m 660 stream.yuv

$ mplayer -noframedrop -vo yuv4mpeg -nosound -v -osdlevel 0 \
    matrix.reloaded.avi -frames 2500 \
    -vf expand=:600,scale=480:480 &

$ cat stream.yuv |
  mpeg2enc -v 0 -I 0 -s -f 5 -V 230 -S 800 -a 2 -F 1 -n n \
    -4 2 -2 1 -b 2800 -B 284 -q 5 -K hi-res -R 0 -E -7 \
    -o matrix.reloaded.sample.m2v

Regards.

Romildo