[MPlayer-users] codecs.conf dll with .so or .dll

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Fri Jan 16 06:34:54 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:20:54PM -0500, Compn wrote:
> http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/codecs.conf.txt
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html#win32-codecs
>
> what codec are you trying to include?
> got link? maybe someone can try it...
> did you upload it to the mphq ftp site yet?

    http://www.loronix.com/livevideo/
    http://www.loronix.com/livevideo/CCTVwareSDK.exe

This is not exactly the codec I had in mind, we've contracted out
building our own.

It is for the Wavelet technology using the ADV601 chip.
(The newest thing is JPEG2000 with the Analog Devices ADV202.)

I've actually patched up MPlayer/MEncoder to work with a modified
tv_v4l.c driver for a commercial card made by http://www.databuzz.co.uk

The software codec plays back an AVI file (fourcc ADV1) on PCs
(Windows/Linux) that don't have the card... and also allow VGA
output instead of dedicated composite output supplied on PCI card.

My real question was: what are the details to massage the Windows
codec so MPlayer can suck it in.  I tried dropping my (actually 2)
.dll's into /usr/lib/win32 and then adding stuff to
/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf.  But I had no indication that any plumbing
was taking place.  Alternatively, my sub-contractor is building a
Linux ".so" file (he may/may not GPL the stuff), so I wanted to know
what he needed to export and how the ".so" stuff works in codecs.conf.

Thanks for any hints!
Geoff
--
Geoffrey Espin