[MPlayer-users] How to make vrc_maxrate more agressive?

Martin Emrich martin at emmerator.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 14 12:56:12 CET 2004

Hi!

I just encoded a video to MPEG2, with vrc_maxrate=2300,vrc_bufsize=917
(+160kbps Audio) but mplex -r 2800 -b 230 aborts with "too many frame
drops - exiting", so it looks like there are parts in the video where
the given maxrate is exceeded beyond the buffer's capacity. Is there a
way to force lavc to keep the bitrate strictly within the bitrate
boundaries? (I could accept some more artefacts at hi-motion scenes).

Ciao

Martin