[MPlayer-users] New ALSA lib causes MPlayer's configure to not detect ALSA

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Sat Jan 10 20:53:59 CET 2004

Zdenek Pizl wrote:
> How is this issue solved? I tried cvs20040110 snapshot and there is always the
> same bad  detection block of ALSA.
>
> And I cannot even compile it :(

Some defines have been added to turn alsa 1.x into 0.9 API compatibility
mode so mplayer should (and actually does) compile fine with alsa 1.0.
You may try the attached patch, which makes mplayer use the new ALSA 1.0
API though. If you choose to try it, don't forget to choose -ao alsa1x
instead of alsa9 to get sound.

--
Jindrich Makovicka