[MPlayer-users] saa7134 best way

Andrea Beciani a_becianiDEVI_TOGLIERE at yahoo.it
Sat Jan 10 20:16:22 CET 2004

Hi all,
what is the best ouput format for the saa7134 chipset? or where is the
documentation for it? I used this command
mplayer  tv://  -tv
driver=v4l2:input=0:normid=0:mjpeg:decimation=4:outfmt=i420:amode=1 -vc
rawi420 -vo xv
and it's good but for fullscreen mplayer use more cpu and I have this
error

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: free_demuxer
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.

how fix it?
I have this system a debian sid with mplayer version  1.0pre3-3.3.3
downloaded from marillat site kernel 2.6.0 and this module

sg
nvidia
tuner
saa7134
video_buf
v4l1_compat
i2c_core
v4l2_common
videodev
snd_ymfpci
snd_ac97_codec
snd_pcm
snd_opl3_lib
snd_timer
snd_hwdep
snd_page_alloc
snd_mpu401_uart
snd_rawmidi
snd
ppp_async
analog
joydev
gameport
msdos
ntfs
usb_storage
smbfs
ppp_deflate
zlib_deflate
ppp_generic
slhc
apm
parport_pc
lp
parport
usbkbd     .
Last question is : what means "movie-aspect is undefined no prescaling
apllied" ?
Thanks alot
Andrea Beciani

--