[MPlayer-users] mplayerplug-in QT

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 7 09:18:23 CET 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:31:56 -0500
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> > One good reason everyone uses ports, is that many projects are
> > linux-centric,
>
> Would you care to give examples?? Maybe this is the case for a few
> programs with stupid authors, or which have a good reason for being
> linux-centric (for instance a v4l-based tv app), but in general it's
> not the case at all.

It's far beyond a few examples.  Pick a category and I'll list a few
thousand if you really want.

> > and don't work under BSD without numerous patches (the
> > ports system applies those patches).  Compiling from unmodified
> > MPlayer sources is not really feasable.
>
> This is nonsense. MPlayer should compile fine out-of-the-box.

On OpenBSD:  it doesn't now, and it never has.

> If not, send a proper bugreport.

It wouldn't be a bug report, it would be more like dozens of them, and
since applying the patches to 0.90 is good enough for me, I don't have
much motivation to go through all that.