[MPlayer-users] Walmart music download service & MPlayer

R G Cottrell rossc at froggy.com.au
Tue Jan 6 19:14:45 CET 2004

Has anybody had success using MPlayer to play .wma files downloaded from
Walmart's music download service?  (And not just the test file that you
can download for free.)

If so, how did you do it?

I guess I'm running foul of the DRM in the paid-for files.  If I force
use of the wma9dmo codec, I get the following:

Playing Electric Light Orchestra-2-So Serious.wma.
ASF file format detected.
============ ASF Stream group == START ===
 object size = 32
 stream count=[0x1][1]
   stream id=[0x1][1]
   max bitrate=[0x1f67f][128639]
============ ASF Stream group == END ===
Clip info:
 name: So Serious
 author: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)
 copyright: (P) 1986 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Forced audio codec: wma9dmo
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x161.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

Any assistance would be appreciated, meanwhile, off to read codecs.html.

Regards, Ross.