[MPlayer-users] Encoding and viewing?

Vasily I. Volchenko Vasily.Volchenko at mstu.edu.ru
Tue Jan 6 12:47:21 CET 2004

cyrax at b0rken.dk wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:06:07PM +0300, Vasily I. Volchenko wrote:
> > Is it principially possible to view file during encoding without running
> >
> > an instance of mplayer simultaniously with mencoder?
> > It would be a good thing during tv-capture.
>
> I described my solution earlier... It can be found here:
> http://forum.b0rken.dk/drupal/?q=node/view/139

I know THAT way (which means running mplayer with mencoder). The problem is that I hear the sound of
current position, but not that played by mplayer.
When I shutting down echo sound, mplayer refuses playing sound saying that device is busy (ac97, built
in motherboard Elitegroup K7-VZA). So, either sound recorded or it is played. Not both.