[MPlayer-users] mplayer codecs..

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Jan 5 13:24:58 CET 2004

man, 05.01.2004 kl. 11.21 skrev kent E.:

> i've just installed mplayer in my rh8 pc.. and just wondering what are
> the supported movies that this player can play..

There's an awful lot of documentation available. In the CVS and 1.0pre3
tarballs, at least, and through links on the website. And the man page
tells much that the html docs don't. Docs are boring to read, and the
mplayer docs need a lot of time and trying out.

> i can't view a webpage that requires real networks plugin, do i need to
> install that kind of viewer or is there available compatible version of
> mplayer

mplayer from the command line will do that for you, or gmplayer in X.
There's an mplayer plugin for Mozilla/Netscape available too at
http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/, with a good HOWTO, but in the
CVS TODO file it says "make RealPlayer streams actually work", or words
to that effect - so presumably they don'tMPlayer
<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>. Personally I call RealPlayer9 from Mozilla
by defining it as a helper app. Works a treat for me.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl