[MPlayer-users] mplayerplug-in QT

Kalin Mintchev kalin at el.net
Sun Jan 4 23:55:35 CET 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> søn, 04.01.2004 kl. 17.14 skrev Kalin Mintchev:
>
> > Playing NameOfFile.mov
> >
> > but no picture or sound. when i try streaming real media. i still get the
> > message from the browser to get the real media plug-in. mplayerplug-in
> > doesn't doesn't even try to play those. should i edit the browser
> > mime-types for that? although i can play real media files localy....  any
> > help will be appreciated.... thanks.....
>
> Works o.k. for me with the setup I just sent to the list as answer to
> Steven Shiau - how did you get hold of the plugin and mplayer? Were they
> BSD ports or kosher source?

for mplayer i did a cvsup of the multimedia ports and installed from there
it took a while because i had to install the ogg and vorbis libraries and
they couldn't find each other. the mplayerplug-in i got from the ports on
freebsd.org and that one was build without problems. it plays qt if the qt
files are not streaming. but not control buttons show up - like pause,
stop and play....