[MPlayer-users] suggestion

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Jan 3 12:57:56 CET 2004

> Try 3-pass method :
> nice -19 mencoder $fichier -o frameno.avi -ovc frameno -oac mp3lame\
>          -lameopts cbr:br=320 $temps

Oh ok, I'll have to look into that.  I don't know how accurate I'll be able to
get it though, because I'm using variable bitrate Vorbis audio (encoded
externally) and saving the result as a Matroska file, so I'm not sure whether
that could be taken into account.  Not to mention the extra frames being
removed after mencoder has finished.

> At the end, this pass gives you indications about what bitrate to use if
> you want to save your file on 1 or 2, 700 or 800 mb CD's.

Hmm...that would be nice, although I'm getting good at bitrate estimation now
so I can usually get it exact on the second or third run ;-)

Cheers,
Adam.