[MPlayer-users] a/v sync problem and corrupted AVI written by mencoder

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 1 16:40:15 CET 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 15:34, Stephen Mollett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 01 January 2004 14:20, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> > mencoder ... -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128:vol=1 ...
> > Obviously I told mp3lame to encode 128kbit/s CBR, so why doesn't it
> > comply?
>
> It does exactly what you requested - a VBR encode with an average bitrate
> (the "abr" option) of 128kbps. If you want a constant bitrate, use "cbr"
> instead of "abr".
>
> HTH

Ouch, stupid me :-( You're right of course. I read "abr" for "absolute
bitrate", not "average" :-(

However, the problem of the broken AVI is still somewhat annoying...

regards,
	matthias

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"