[MPlayer-users] Re: bad format

Marcin Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Sat Feb 28 16:17:02 CET 2004

Hell[o]

I think there is a serious AltiVec problem in MPlayer 1.0 or in some of it components (Or in GCC)

When I compile current version of MPlayer with AltiVec support (it is autodetected by configuration script) the movie playback looks a bit weird. The movie looks OK in all moving (dynamic) parts, but all static parts of the image become green. I can observe this 'feature' in 1.0pre3 and in latest CVS snapshot (26.02.2004)

Compile MPlayer without AV support seems to cure this problem.

Currently I use Pegasos2 G4 machine with Debian (Sid) and Radeon 9000 Pro card.

CPU 7457, altivec supported
Kernel 2.4.25
GCC 3.3.3 (Debian)
BinUtils 2.14.90.0.7-5
XFree86 4.3.0.1 (Debian 4.3.0-2 20040218053830)

Video/Audio output - SDL

Regards
--
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS ::