[MPlayer-users] Another nutty Realaudio stream

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Fri Feb 27 22:00:19 CET 2004

>>   This is crazy, the same site (NPR) has yet another realmedia
>> format,
>>   this one not recognized as anything. That is, midentify gives a
>> total
>>   blank.
>>
>>   The URL is:
>>   rtsp://audio.npr.org/news/981112.news2.01.ra
>>
>Hmm. 28_8 (RealAudio2) codec. Should work. I'll have a look at it.

  Thanks. I thought I'd seen some strange formats from time to time, but
  two different realaudio formats on the same server, both of which are
  (apparently) nonstandard?

>[...]
>>   Anyway, if it's going to be a pain to bother with it, I'll try to
>> get
>>   somebody to grab it with RealPlayer. Argh!
>If you only want to grab it, use -dumpstream
>It works even if the file is unplayable.

  I should have said I'd try to get it converted, I did get the file. It
  didn't do much good for me to look at it in a hex editor though. I was
  trying to compare it to the first file and promptly got lost! :)

  	Take care,
	Steve