[MPlayer-users] bad format

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Fri Feb 27 20:03:34 CET 2004

Hello,

I've just baught a DX 3220 that can play mpg4 and other various coded
file. But I have a problem:

usually I code with lavc codec with crop found with cropdetec, and I
don't make any attention with the format because mplayer plays it back
with the good format. But DX 3220 doesn't.

Basically 4:3 files are coded around 528*576 and 16:9 around 728*480.
I have black lines left and right for 4:3 movies and no more horizontal
black lines with 16:9 and the image is distorded.
With mplayer I have no such problems.

How should I encode to avoid such problem (rescale 728*576 ??) and how
could I see the already encoded movies in a correct format ?
Should I rescale them and how ?

Thanks for any help.

Nicolas.

--