[MPlayer-users] tdfxfb won't work

Chris knochec6 at cti.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 27 16:50:19 CET 2004

Hello,

I don't get my tdfxfb driver to work. It always aborts saying

tdfxfb: Couldn't map memory areas: Invalid argument

I've got a PIII/500 under Debian, 2.6.3; a Voodoo3 2000 16MB and mplayer 1.
0pre3. I compiled it from source using --enable-tdfxfb. I've also probed the
kernel module and adjusted the pixel depth using fbset.

I have been searching in quite a lot of newsgroups and tried reading the docs,
but never someone seemed to have this error before. Is the solution that obvious
or where is the problem?

Thanks in advance for any hints
Chris