[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: how to stream .NSV video files (WinAmp-Nullsoft ones)

gnx gnx at email.it
Fri Feb 27 11:00:00 CET 2004

Il Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:06:28 +0100, Roberto Togni ha scritto:

> These streams are fully supported by cvs version of MPlayer (sorry, i
> don't remember if support was already there in 0.92), and you don't
> need Live libraries to view them (Real rtsp is different from standard
> rtsp, and Live libraries are used for standard rtsp).

You are right, but I've tried compile new mplayer recently and something
needed by me was broken (I thought was Live, but should be something
other). I have currently installed both 0.92 and 1 pre and not every
things works the same, or better: not all the things works better on 1
than 0.92. BTW I'll give it a retry soon.

> If some files on that page are in NSV format, please let me know. If
> NSV is starting to become a widespread format, i'll consider adding
> support for them in MPlayer G1.

Dunno if NSV is going to became popular. I just liked that concert and I
wanted to stream it on my hard disk :-)