[MPlayer-users] re: using mp3 file for avi audio

Matthew Yates myatesmyates at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 05:58:53 CET 2004

Thanks for the previous help.  I am trying to use a
separate mp3 file for audio in an avi video.  The
following works:

mencoder -mc 0 -ovc copy -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=128 -audiofile myaudio.mp3 -o out.avi
myvideo.avi

However, I would like the audio to start 9 seconds
into the video.  I tried:

mencoder -mc 0 -ovc copy -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=128 -audiofile -audio-delay 9.0 myaudio.mp3 -o
out.avi myvideo.avi

but the audio doesn't change delay.  If I remove "-mc
0" from the above command, the audio is delayed
properly.  However, I get a bunch of "skipping frame!"
warnings and the resulting video looks like crap. How
can I delay audio without ruining video?