[MPlayer-users] Chroma interpolation

Ville Saari 113762 at foo.bar.org
Thu Feb 26 21:58:48 CET 2004

I have an annoying problem with mplayer: when video is scaled to
full screen, the chroma channels are not interpolated, but suffer
a nearest neighbour scaling instead. The result is a terrible
stairstepping artifact wherever there is high chroma contrast.
Luma is ok.

The problem exists whenever hardware scaling is involved
(-vo xv or -vo sdl). I have Matrox G400. If I use -vo x11 -zoom,
then the chroma gets interpolated beautifully but I don't have
enough horsepower for using it as a solution.

Is this a deficiency of the G400 hardware or is it something
that can be fixed?

--
 Ville