[MPlayer-users] png conversion

Matt Bettencourt mplayer at mail.bettencourt.info
Thu Feb 26 20:47:40 CET 2004

When I use mencoder to create an avi from png's created with the montage
program it appears that the images are egged out and on top of each
other.  For example, a red and blue circle would turn into a purple egg.
  If I view the frame it looks fine.  The frames are two 525x480 images
spliced together with

loop over ###
montage -geometry=525x480 left###.miff right###.miff both###.png

then I encode the movie as follows
mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy mf://"both*.png" -mf
type=png -o /tmp/movie.avi

for a really simple test I made all the image files the same and I get
the same problem.

Is this a bug or and I screwing something up
Matt