[MPlayer-users] vbirtate

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at abitab.com.uy
Thu Feb 26 12:17:07 CET 2004

HI there guys.
I'm having this problem, I'm trying to encode a  vob file with this
parameters to have it fit in two 800MB CD, ( one file of 1600GB ) the
problem is that mplayer goes down the vbitrate I tell it to use, it doesn't
matters if I use vqscale=2 or vbirtate=3000, mplayer always end in a
vbitrate that varies from 900 and  1700, and the file size reduces and is
not what I want.

I'ts there a way to force a vbitrate?, I tried with vrc_min/maxrate, one
pas, two pass, but it's the same, this is not the first time that happens to
me, with some vob or dvd works fine, with others, it's pure pain, and cannot
rip them, If I include trell, cbp to the list of parameters  it's worst, if
goes down to a vbitrate of 320,  I'm usign mplayer pre3.3.3.

Any idea, i't a bug? , it' me? thanx..

mencoder dracula2000-.vob -o Dracula2000.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2000:mbd=2:mv0:v4mv -vf
crop=714:480:4:0,scale=512:384 -sws 7 -sid 2 -aid 128 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=160