[MPlayer-users] failure to use dvb://xxxx with DVB-S card

Hans Werschner Hans.Werschner at asg.com
Tue Feb 24 16:15:46 CET 2004

Hi,

I tried to use the 1.0pre3 and the CVS 20040223 version of mplayer to do a
"mplayer dvb://ARD" tune in (in Germany)
and constantly get a timeout for the tune trial. dvbstream is working fine
and szap also.

I have scanned the sources and discover that dvbin.c / dvb_tune.c are based
on code of dvbstream. The source there
in versions 0.4 and 0.5 both are using an initialized variable specInv
(=INVERSION_AUTO) value when calling tune_it
resp dvb_tune ind dvb_tune.c. This is OK for non DVB-S as this field gets a
proper value but DVB-S does not set a value in dvbin.c as channel->inv is
not set for DVB-S.

When I follow the processing in dvb_tune.c, I find that the parameter is
assigned "feparams.inversion=specInv;" also for DVB-S cards but must have an
undefined value at this point. At least I am unsure that INVERSION_AUTO is
the default.

Can you verify my findings?
Regards,
Hans