[MPlayer-users] Remultiplexing results in desync

Boris Shingarov usib2003 at istop.com
Tue Feb 24 04:43:22 CET 2004

Hi,

I wonder what would be the case for this:  I have an MPEG2 PS, now I
want to get rid of a secondary audio stream (just remultiplex the video
and one of the audio streams).  So I use:
mplayer -dumpvideo old.mpeg ;   mv stream.dump v
mplayer -dumpaudio old.mpeg ;   mv stream.dump a
mplex -f 8 -o new.mpeg v a.
This should leave things where they were, right?  But I am getting a
lot of A-V desync!  (Mplayer 1.0pre3)  Any push in the right direction?