[MPlayer-users] Windows binaries with SDL support

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 16:54:23 CET 2004

>Hello,
>can anybody point me to the binaries with SDL?
> I am trying compiled it
>myself but I am encountered common problem with WinMain at 16 error. I read
>some solution in archives but nothing working for me, but I try mingw, not
>cygwin.
>I want SDL becouse I need subtitles UNDER film. With directx video output
>I have subtitles through film.
>Sorry for my bad English.
>Thank You, Marek Jan

try -vf expand=640:500:0:0 to get subtitles below the movie (on a 640:480 movie)
(you will probly have to play with vf expand for a while to get the perfect results)
directx vo works for me doing this, dont forget to use -double if it flickers.

you should post to mplayer-cygwin at mplayerhq.hu for more windows-specific help

currently i have not seen any win32 mplayer binaries with sdl support yet...
but here are a couple sites to get the win32 binaries.

http://mplayer.sunset-utopia.homeip.net/
recent cvs builds, nice :)

and from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/projects.html

beta releases (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/)
beta releases of MPlayer for Windows by Sascha Sommer

Installer packages (http://armory.nicewarrior.org/projects/cygmp/)
packages with installer and file associations by Joey Parrish

Binary installer (http://www.csant.info/mplayer.htm)
Windows installer package, documentation and codecs by Claudio Santambrogio

MPlayer on win32 (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php)
binaries and supporting libraries by Gianluigi Tiesi

GUI for MEncoder (http://www.vdsworld.com/~vuks/myprograms/programs/)
simple MEncoder frontend by Bojan