[MPlayer-users] Realmedia support?

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Feb 21 01:44:14 CET 2004

On 2004.02.20 03:29, Stephen Stocker wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   I'm wondering what's happened with Realmedia support for MPlayer?
> I've
>   posted several messages pertaining to the recent problems with some
>   sites' files, but haven't heard anything. I can't post a bug
Please be patient, none of us work on MPlayer full time.

> report,
>   since in all cases that I've seen, there's virtually no information
>   which gives a clue as to what codec these files use.
>
>   The latest one (npr.org) *does* show a codec identifier, but from
> what
>   I can tell, I don't think the information is correct. If necessary,
No, it's not.

>   can upload the file, though it appears that all NPR real files are
>   broken. This is the same situation I encountered with
These are weird files.
File format is RM, but they contain a version 3 audio section, normally
found only in .ra files. RM files usually have audio sections with
version 4 or 5. It's the first time i see such kind of files.
Audio section version 3 is used only with 14_4 codec, if you look in
the file with an editor you'll find a fourcc "lpcJ".
I'll try to add support for them.

>   http://www.cbsnews.com, who changed something in their Real file
>   format. I've been using MPlayer successfully with Realmedia ever
Please post url of a non working file.

[...]
>   	Take care,
> 	Steve