[MPlayer-users] Best quality universal format?...

Paul Simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Fri Feb 20 12:15:44 CET 2004

I can allmost taste it now.  I downloaded, compiled and installed the
CVS version of mplayer with the latest FFmpeg codecs just fine.  I can
now create .mp4 quicktime movies that do run on my PC!  However, the 2
second clip  plays smootly for the 1st second then stutters dropping
frames for the last second.  mplayer plays it just fine in linux.

Any idea why this is happening?

Again thanks for all your help.  I'll be summerising my efforts once
I've got this working.  There's a whole high-end 3d animation community
waiting to be able to do this... ;-)

-P