[MPlayer-users] Standard aspect ratios

Leonardo Giordani leonardo.giordani at treuropa.com
Thu Feb 19 11:56:43 CET 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 08:26, Ville Saari wrote:
> Does anyone know what is the the exact aspect ratio of full pal or ntsc
> frame? 4:3 of course (or 16:9 if we're talking about anamorphic
> widescreen), but I mean what part of the frame must I measure to get those
> numbers?

This is the MUST READ guide to aspect ratios and conversions: it contains the
real and complete calculations for aspect ratio for both PAL and NTSC.
I recommend all mplayer users and developers to read it.

www.uwasa.fi/~f76998/video/conversion/

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.