[MPlayer-users] Restreaming only audio with mencoder/mplayer

Jean-Francois Beaumont teknee at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 22:57:43 CET 2004

Hi,

For you information, if you want to connect to a Windows Media
Encoder 9 broadcast with an output set to "pull from the encoder", what
you have to do is:

mplayer "mms://hostname"
you should use a small cache value, something like that will work in a LAN: mplayer "mms://hostname" -cache 40

I am trying to take a stream which I can hear in mplayer to stream it
again in a different format. The input format is as follow:

============ ASF Stream group == START ===
 object size = 38
 stream count=[0x2][2]
   stream id=[0x1][1]
   max bitrate=[0x88b3][34995]
   stream id=[0x2][2]
   max bitrate=[0x3df0f][253711]
============ ASF Stream group == END ===

What i want to do is to take only the audio from the stream and to
connect to a server port (via tcpip) that will store the file in raw PCM
format (16khz, 16bits, signed)

Is this doable with mencoder or mplayer? At least, I would like to have
the correct stream format (pcm, raw, etc.) in the standard output which
i could redirect to somewhere else with a script of some kind.

Thanks!

JF