[MPlayer-users] Having problems with MPlayer and Broadcasts

Jean-Francois Beaumont teknee at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 18:01:00 CET 2004

Hi,

I have this broadcast that I can listen with Windows Media Player. It is encoded by Windows Media Encoder 9 and to listen it, I use a url let say http://tie

But, I am not able to use MPlayer to play the stream. Here is the error I got:

Playing http://tie.
Resolving tie for AF_INET...
Connecting to server tie[132.218.30.111]:80 ...
Server returned 400: Bad Request
Unable to open URL: http://tie
Option stream url: This URL doesn't have a hostname part.
[file] No filename
Failed to open http://tie

Exiting... (End of file)

MPlayer is working fine with my local Internet Radio broadcast which is using Windows Media Encoder too... I don't know if I need to use an HTTP to work with MPlayer but any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JF