[MPlayer-users] Playback problems

Joe madcoder at comcast.net
Sun Feb 15 03:01:48 CET 2004

I had downloaded an AVI a few days ago, and when I attempted to play it,
the video and sound would both play ok, but it would randomly skip
forward about 5-10 seconds, and when doing that, it looked like the last
frame before the skip had become "melded" with the now-playing frames,
to where it looked almost like a skin in a computer animation.  Was
running mplayer-1.0pre2 (gentoo ebuild)

Well, that got annoying so I decided to download the file again from a
different source.  By this time, I had installed mplayer-1.0pre3 to see
if it made any difference, but now I get no playback at all.  I've
uploaded a 5MB clip of one of the files along with a short description
and the output from mplayer -v.

The following files at ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ pertain to
my problem:
       5242880 Feb 15 01:57 s01e01.avi
          4860 Feb 15 02:00 s01e01.output
           326 Feb 15 02:00 s01e01.txt