[MPlayer-users] dvd length issues approaching 1.0 release

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Fri Feb 13 22:56:08 CET 2004

> > >The length info comes from the demuxer, which doesn't know anything
> > >about the ifo. This should be changed in g2, where we'll try to make
> > >the demuxer repair the broken timestamps in DVDs, but don't expect it
> > >to change in g1 since no one really cares...
> > >

> > Did I miss something?
>
> Yeah, you missed that by "no one" I meant "no one among the
> developers"...

I know what it's like to have that viewpoint, and i have it myself about
some stuff I do, but if something is technically wrong, how can it be so
happily ignored?

> > I *do* care.
>
> Then send a patch. But really, how is it that important? This is just
> a minor interface matter. It doesn't affect the ability to play
> movies.

You asked how to do it, the length of a given DVD track is here:

ifo->vts_pgcit->pgci_srp[ifo->vts_ptt_srpt->title[ttn_number].ptt[0].pgcn-1].pgc->playback_time

Oh i love C structures!

Cheers

Chris