[MPlayer-users] New video format/container

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 11 21:16:11 CET 2004

On 2004.02.11 07:22, Compn wrote:
> here is a new format i came across that i cant figure out
> seems to be Emblaze Video format, not an avi container, or not easily
> decoded into one.
> http://www.emblaze.com/serve/products/pc_players.asp
> they only provide a java player.

I had a quick look at this format in the past.
ev files are a proprietary format with audio and video; audio is 99.0%
GSM,
video looks mpeg-like (did not check the details).
The java player is unobfuscated, and can be easily examined with a java
decompiler.
So, supporting the format requires writeing a new demuxer and probably
a video
decoder.
There is also some code to handle streaming, but i did all my test only
with
local files.

Ciao,
Roberto