[MPlayer-users] -vo vesa:vidix not working although xvidix does

Alon Lischinsky alon at gamebox.net
Sun Feb 8 01:44:15 CET 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 05:47:49PM -0600, Curtis Magyar wrote:

> Gaaah.. Top posting is bad.

Huh?

> Have you guys tried using -vo fbdev:vidix ? or directfb:vidix ?

Nope. I didn't compile FB into my kernel; didn't feel the need
for it at the moment (although I'm probably going to end up
using it unless anything better comes up).

Queer thing is, -vo cvidix seems to work even without a
framebuffer. Supressing all text output (2&> /dev/null)
leaves you with a usable, although reduced and decentered,
image. It's not good enough for normal use, but leads me
to think there's something wrong with the way vesa:vidix
is being handled in the current release.

I suppose I'll try recompiling the kernel and using
the FB device, although I haven't the slightest idea
as to how it interacts with the rest of my setup.

Thanks,

Alon