[MPlayer-users] mencoder: lavc to quicktime

marco at metm.org marco at metm.org
Sun Feb 8 00:29:04 CET 2004

I need a quicktime container of an mjpeg codec, but am having trouble
making one with mencoder.

Here's what I am trying:

make an mjpeg avi from the multiple jpegs in my directory:

mencoder -mf type=jpg:w=700:h=560:fps=25 -ovc lavc \
   -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg  -o output_mjpeg.avi mf://*.jpg

change container formats using lavtrans from mjpegtools:

lavtrans -f q -o output.mov output_mjpeg.avi

but I get this error message:

++ WARN: [lavtrans] Input file output_mjpeg.avi is not in  JPEG 4:2:2
  or 4:2:0 format
**ERROR: [lavtrans] Error writing output: Internal: broken JPEG format

If I try to change the output_mjpeg.avi to a .mov using Apple's
Quicktime it says the file is corrupted, but mplayer plays it beautifully...

Any ideas?

--
Marco