[MPlayer-users] [NOVIRUS] jpeg --> DivX : fps problem

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 19:21:25 CET 2004

David wrote:

> about the fps of the video. When the mencoder is encoding I see
> something like this:
>
> Writing AVI header...
> mjpeg: JFIF header found (version: 1.1)
> VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 3)
> Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
> videocodec: libavcodec (352x288 fourcc=33766964 [div3])
> High quality encoding selected (non real time)!
> Pos:   4.6s    114f ( 0%)  43fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.014 [1117:127]
>
> You see that in the last row we have 43fps and not 25fps like we want !

That isn't the FPS of the output file. That's the number of frames that
are being encoded per second. It's merely a measure of how fast your
computer is able to encode that file with those options; it does not
affect the final file, only how long it takes to complete the encoding
process. For this number, higher is better. (I personally get something
like 300 frames per second on encoding, with some combinations of
options, and the resulting video file is still normal speed.)

--
       The Wanderer