[MPlayer-users] slave mode question

Jonas Beskow beskow at speech.kth.se
Fri Feb 6 11:32:49 CET 2004

Greetings,

I want to control mplayer from another program. I'm suspecting that the
slave-option is the way to do it, but I can't find any documentation
about how it works. Specifically, after launching mplayer as a
sub-process to my application, i want to be able to

- open a new file
- go to a specific position in the movie and freeze the picture
- play a movie from one given position to another
- prevent mplayer from exiting when it reaches the end of the file

I would be much grateful if someone could tell me how to accomplish
this, or point me to other programs/frontends that use mplayer as a
sub-process to acheive similar things!

best regards
- Jonas

--
Dr. Jonas Beskow                        Tel: +46 8 790 8965
Centre for Speech Technology            Fax: +46 8 790 7854
KTH                                    beskow at speech.kth.se
SE-10044 Stockholm, Sweden        www.speech.kth.se/~beskow