[MPlayer-users] mplayer CVS 20040128 + ALSA 1.0.2 errors

Zdenek Pizl z.p at linux-cd.cz
Thu Feb 5 10:21:26 CET 2004

On Wednesday 04 of February 2004 9:51 pm, Corey Hickey wrote:
> Zdenek Pizl wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > what do these messages mean?
> >
> >  alsa-control: mixer attach error: no such file or directory
> >  alsa-space: xrun of at least 81.936 msecs, reseting stream
> >  ALSA lib control.c:654:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL yA:
> >
> > those messages are printed periodically when I am trying to play a DVD.
> > The playback is realy fu*king choppy.
>
> I don't know about the others, but the "xrun" error usually indicates
> that mplayer can't read the file quickly enough, and the audio buffer is
> getting depleted. The usual fix is to add -cache=1024 or some other value.

bug report was already sent. See "possible bug: ALSA 1.0.1 +
mplayer-20040126-cvs = choppy dvd playback and error messages"
message/thread. Nothing change between last CVS snapshots ...

I found out  yesterday what is the reason of xrun message - it is problem of
mga_vid, exactly -vo xmga does it. If I use -vo xv, it is ok. BUT of course,
there are still two alsa related bugs.

--
Zdenek Pizl
Internetovy obchod s aktualizovanymi distribucemi GNU/Linuxu