[MPlayer-users] lossless codecs make bigger files than raw DV ?!

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 18:34:12 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:37:10PM +0100, Andrzej M. Ostruszka wrote:

>>video -> lavc with vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=2000:vpass=1/2 -vop pp=lb
>
> At the very least, replace the outdated vhq with mbd=2 and use trell.

This comes up often enough, and is sufficiently far from obvious to the
uninitiated, that I wonder if it might not be worth having trell set as
default? The only downside is that it takes longer to encode, and it
would be possible to include a notrell option for those for whom this is
a problem.

Just a suggestion, probably a bad one...

--
       The Wanderer