[MPlayer-users] mplayer and alsa-plugins

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Mon Feb 2 23:17:10 CET 2004

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi all!
>   First: I'm not in the list so please,if you reply send a copy to:
>   julien at c-lab.de
>   I tried to get a raw (44.1KHz, stereo, 16BIT) stream to disk. For that
> purpose I defined a plugin in .asoundrc like that:
>
> pcm.myfile {
>   type file
>   slave {
>     pcm "hw:0,0"
>   }
> }
>   Then I tried:
>   mplayer -ao alsa9:myfile test.wav
>   And got:

It doesn't really answer or solve your originial question, but if you
don't want to investigate on your alsa troubles any further and just
want to dump the audio to a raw file, you can also achieve that by:

mplayer -aofile rawfilename -ao pcm -nowaveheader  youroriginialfilename

(add -af resample=44100 in case your original file has another sampling
rate and you absolutely want a 44.1kHz stream)