[MPlayer-users] Multiple audio streams when ripping dvds (NODAEMON)

Martin martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 2 02:40:58 CET 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 19:50:30 +0100
Michael Tomuschat <michael.tomuschat at planet-interkom.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I'm ripping a DVD (with mencoder) I would like to have multiple audio
> streams (english, german, french, ...) in the resultung AVI-file. Is that
> possible and how can I do it?
>
> Thanks for all help
>
> 	M. Tomuschat
> - --

Hi!!

If you can get an avifile, you can try create it with mencoder (the audio with cbr) and use avidemux to add a second audio stream (I believe this way lets you get two audio streams only).

Also, you can try with ogmtools. You use mencoder to create the mpeg4 video file, with mplayer you can extract the audio streams and compress it in mp3 or better ogg vorbis format and pack all in an ogm container. See encoding-tips.txt in the MPlayer and ogmtools documentation.

Regards,

----
Martín
martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar