[MPlayer-users] MPlayer can't find existing Real Audio codec

Matthew Neeley maffoo at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Dec 31 21:02:32 CET 2004

I'm having trouble opening a real audio stream.  MPlayer fails to open the
cook.so.6.0 module with the message

"Error: /usr/local/lib/codecs/cook.so.6.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory"

The required codec does reside in that location, however, and was there when I
compiled MPlayer.  Running "mplayer -ac help" confirms that the real audio
codec is found.  I have an ia64 system running SUSE 9.1.

Any thoughts on why mplayer can't open the codec?

Thanks,
Matthew