[MPlayer-users] Syncronization problem

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 21 21:30:32 CET 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:09:56 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Isn't it possible to use -oac copy on the first pass, thus making it a
> bit faster?

Usually works, but there are sometimes sync problems that way.  I don't
know mplayer internals remotely well enough to explain why that is.

You could use "-oac copy" for both passes, then take that new file and
use "-ovc copy" to copy video, and only encode audio.  Uses up more
disk-space (temporarily) but it saves a little time.

I can't see much reason though.  The extra 1% of CPU time being spent
doesn't seem significant enough to be worth the trouble.  Add "turbo" to
your lavcopts during the first pass for a *real* speed-up.