[MPlayer-users] option flip causes black screen and hanged system

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Dec 18 15:16:24 CET 2004

Hi,
> Funny thing is that I've managed to get around the problem by writting
> "flip" as the first video out filter, if I write it at the end of the
> list of filters I get the same result as with -flip !

The problem should only appear in combination with the pp filter, the
problem was that the flip filter was inserted _before_ it, which can't
work (-vf flip,pp should cause the same problem while -vf pp,flip should
work).
Still this can't crash your whole system unless your kernel is broken...
Although you maybe don't know all the tricks to make a linux system
usable again ;-)
Anyway, fixed in CVS.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger